Our face-to-face networking event on the 9th of November was a roaring success with trainees from across grades and allied professionals joining us at the Marriot Airport Hotel in Manchester. Thank you so much to everyone who attended our annual NWBRC Research & Networking Event 2022. It was great to meet and discuss ongoing and new projects. This evening wouldnt have been possible without Endomag and Raise healthcare & exact sciences, our sponsors for the evening.
Below are the active projects we discussed and project contacts you can reach out to if you would like to be involved:
- BCBA study (Breast Cancer After Breast Augmentation)
- Presented by Mr Hud Shaker
- Project contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project summary: The presence of an implant poses several challenges to the surgical management of breast cancer. We aim to establish what current UK practice is, and evaluate outcomes, in women >18 years who have a diagnosis of breast cancer or DCIS after previous breast augmentation with implants.
- ComManDS study (Completion Mastectomy for DCIS and SLNB)
- Presented by Mr Raj Burrah
- Project contact: email@example.com
- Project summary: A Study of the Role of Sentinel Node Biopsy in Patients Undergoing Completion Mastectomy for Ductal Carcinoma in Situ
- Return to ADLs study (Activities of Daily Living)
- Presented by Ms Rebecca Wilson
- Project contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project summary: A qualitative study to evaluate time taken to return to different activities of daily living after mastectomy +/- reconstruction. Does the type of surgery influence this? What other factors contribute to delays?
Our committee elections are also coming up soon!
Sadly, Ms Hiba Fatayer (Chair) and Ms Rebecca Teasdale (Vice-Chair) will be stepping down from their respective roles in early 2023. We’d like to thank them for their leadership and taking the collaborative to new heights. In the coming months we will be formally advertising their positions with details of how you can apply for Chair and Vice-Chair of the NWBRC.
We will be posting more details about our next meeting soon, which is scheduled to take place in January 2023. Stay tuned for further updates on our active projects. Please email us at email@example.com to sign up to our mailing list and follow us on twitter for all the latest updates.
On behalf of the committee, we would like to wish you a very Happy Christmas and New year!