The next meeting of the NWRC will be on Wednesday 22nd November 2017, 6.30pm in the Nightingale Centre, UHSM, Whythenshawe.
New projects – looking for a steering committee:
- ARIOSO (Acute MesenterRic Ischaemia – an Observational Study on presentation, management and Outcomes)
- Decision making and outcomes in major colorectal cancer resection: Too FRAIL.
- National Oesophageal Audit
On-going study updates:
- The launch of the collaboratives first two RCTS!!! PPAC and SUNRRISE – Don’t miss out on the opportunity to take part in these trainee led RCTs!!!
- LEGS – audit of practice of the use of laparoscopy in emergency general surgery by consultants surgeons around the country.
- ReSurgEnt Survey – collaboration with SPARCS and the University of Bristol evaluating trainee involvement in collaborative research.
National Research Collaborative Meeting 2017:
- A number of abstracts have been accepted to the National Collaborative Meeting 2017 in Birmingham and there will be an opportunity for a run through of these.
Opportunities to discuss new ideas